Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Keara's First Art Project and Nursery

We finally finished painting the walls and got the crib moved into Keara's room. I think that I am going to take down the blinds that came with the house and put up other window coverings. The blinds are an off white and really show up against the white walls. Behind the crib I am going to put up some embroidery hoops with color coordinated fabrics. I was going to make a flower to go with the quilt, but I don't like how it looks. I'll get some photos of a couple designs and get opinions on what looks best.

Keara did her first (hopefully many more will come) art project with tadoodles markers. She seemed to have fun. And apparently they are quite tasty as well as colorful. They do wash off really easily.






6 comments:

Corinnea said...

Ohhhhh, what a beautiful room!!! Great job!
Keara is so funny with the pens. I have never seen those before! She's a genius, obviously.....

kms handmade said...

The room is gorgeous! I LOVE that crib! That's the one I wanted if I had another girl. So of course I didn't get it! :) I'm hoping that pen is non-toxic! Haha! Cute photo!

Sasha said...

CUTE!!! I really like what you've done with her room! It's great! Those markers look way cool!

Jennifer said...

I love the room! You did a REALLY great job! Love the "K" :) I'm about to post photos of the girls new bedding. We have those same pens for EMily (actually they were given to Ava but she's too young for them. I took them away from EMily becasue they got EVERYWHERE! You're a much more relaxed mom than me:) how well did the mouth stains come out? That picture is too funny! You can scan that artowrk in and have it made in to a mouse pad or magnet, etc. Did you ever put that Ultra sound magnet on the fridge?

Margaret said...

Jenny P- See upcoming blog for fridge photo. The marker came off suprisingly easy, and because her mouth is so wet it had dissolved off her tongue before I started cleaning her face up. I also bought a couple of cheap canvases so she can "draw" some pictures and I can hang them in her room. I need to get different colors though. Maybe pink and green and turquoise.

Gma Jilli said...

WHAT AN AMAZING BABY.....THE GIRLS AND I AND THEIR GRANDMA ARE ENJOYING THE BLOG SO MUCH. NOT AS THOUGH WE CAN SNUGGLE HER SO THIS IS HELPING. GIVE HER A KISS FOR ALL OF US!!!!!